Saturday 21 March 2015

Road to Mallorca - introduction

Hi there,

Some called me an idiot, others just thought I was more crazy than they thought I was. I subscribed for the Iron Man triathlon in Mallorca - 26th of September this year. 3.8km swim - while I already drowned after 50m a few months ago. 180km bike ride with 2 small climbs, shouldn't be that big of a problem for me. And finishing with a complete marathon running - a sport I hate/hated because it is so slow and always hurting all kinds of joints and tendons with my 90+ kg.

Well, I started with swimming lessons November last year. Running training started from January this year. And up to now, it seems that there is a fair chance that I could accomplish both disciplines. That's why I decided, with the support of Elise, to subscribe for an Iron Man at the end of this year.

With this blogspot I would like to give everyone who is interested the opportunity to folllow my route to Mallorca. My intention is to post about every two weeks a new blog about what kept me busy in life and training and what progress has been made. This will give some words and feelings to the cold numbers that some of you already follow on the well known Strava app. Hopefully, with every other week, I won't bother you too much and too often with another training story. So if you like, please subscribe and follow me on my journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate to comment are ask questions on my stories!